If you are an employer who is looking to expand your workforce, First College can help manage the complete process on your behalf, from advertising the vacancy, screening the applicants through to delivering the training.
We offer a variety of training packages to meet your company’s needs:
Apprenticeships help businesses grow their own talent. They are the proven way to up-skill your workforce, making your organisation more effective, productive and competitive by addressing your skills gaps directly. There are real business benefits to taking on apprentices and, regardless of the size, all businesses can benefit from having a work based learning apprentice on their team. Nearly every employer that takes on an Apprentice (96%) report benefits to their business by developing a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
Apprenticeship programmes have been designed by Sector Skills Councils to help your employees reach a high-level of competency and performance. Apprenticeships are work-based; most of the training is ‘on the job’ – at your premises. We will guide you through the full process of taking on Apprentices, providing you with everything you need to help your Apprentice forge a successful career that also benefits your company.
Employers can offer apprentices a training wage of £3.50 per hour (currently) on a maximum 12 month basis, although most employers pay a higher rate. The training wage provides organisations the flexibility to address their staffing needs and to develop young employees into highly skilled and valued members of staff. The Apprenticeship Programme is fully funded for trainees aged 16 – 18 and co – funded for 19 – 23 year olds.
We offer training and support to both apprentices and employers by:
- Identifying suitable employees and work placement opportunities
- Identifying existing employees who may benefit from training
- Planning and designing training programmes to meet your needs and those of the individual
- Providing off-the-job training, to support the learning which is taking place in the workplace
- Monitoring learner progress and providing help and support where necessary
- Assessing learner competence in the workplace
- Working with the national awarding bodies such as City and Guilds, OCR, ILM and AAT to award nationally recognised qualifications (NVQs) to learners
- Providing on-going support and training to you and your staff in all aspects of the above
To find out more information, download our Apprenticeship Grant Information and Employer Agreement Form from our Employers Downloads section.
If you have a member of staff you have identified that would benefit from Apprenticeship training or you would like First College to recruit for a vacancy you may have please call our team of advisors Jude 01507 601122 or Wesley 01754 610197.
First College are proud to offer the Traineeship programme with the support of many local employers. A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships can last up to six months and include:
- Work preparation training
- English and maths support if required
- A work experience placement of six weeks to five months with an employer
- In addition to these basic elements, we can work with you to build flexible additional content to meet the needs of your business and the local labour market.
You must be aged 16-24 to take part in this programme which can include:
- Work preparation training to ensure you are ready and have the confidence to take the first step in your career, such as an Apprenticeship.
- English and maths support to help give you the literacy and numeracy skills needed for the workplace.
- A meaningful work experience placement which provides insight and experience of the world of work.
If you are an employer or potential learner and wish to learn more about the traineeship programme then call our recruitment team to talk about your requirements and help you consider the options available to you.
Employer and Learner guides here
Skegness 01754 610197
Louth 01507 601122
It can be difficult for employers to find the right candidates to fill their vacancies, especially for small businesses. To address this problem, the government has launched a major initiative called The Work Programme to help people who are unemployed get back into sustainable work.
First College are working in conjunction with Job Centre Plus and People Plus to provide support and services for the Employer.
We will work with you to find the right candidates for your position and will take on much of the administration and paperwork, such as sifting through CV’s and arranging interviews. Once appointed we will provide ongoing support for you to ensure your new employee fits into their new role and can provide additional training and mentoring for up to 2 years as required for the candidate., so that if any issues arise we are able to help.
If you would like to discuss how First College might help you recruit new staff through The Work Programme please contact a Personal Adviser at Skegness 01754 766341 or Louth 01507 602286.
Ofsted have developed an online questionnaire for employers to give their views about the providers they work with.
We would be grateful if you would click on the link below and fill in the questionnaire to help us and Ofsted understand how well we support employers and how well we ensure the best possible outcomes for learners.