Qualification Ref: 500/9542/0
- The Course is available through electronic learning.
- The average course is 12-15 Months; however your own length of learning will be individually agreed.
- The maximum number of workplace visits will be one visit per calendar month.
- There will be an individually agreed programme of on and off the job learning.
To achieve learners must complete a minimum of 37 credits
- 10 credits from GROUP A – MANDATORY UNITS
- A minimum of 11 credits from GROUP B – OPTIONAL UNITS
- A minimum of 16 credits from GROUP C – OPTIONAL UNITS
|UNIT TITLE||CREDIT VALUE||PLEASE TICK|
|GROUP A – MANDATORY UNITS|
|Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food||4|
|Work effectively as part of a hospitality team||3|
|Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment||3|
|GROUP B – OPTIONAL UNITS|
|Prepare and finish simples salad and fruit dishes||2|
|Prepare and cook fish||3|
|Prepare and cook meat and poultry||4|
|Prepare hot and cold sandwiches||2|
|Provide a counter and takeaway service||3|
|Maintain an efficient use of resources in the kitchen||3|
|Present menu items according to a defines brand standard||3|
|GROUP C – OPTIONAL UNITS|
|Produce basic hot and cold dessert||3|
|Produce cold starters and salads||3|
|Produce healthier dishes||3|
|Maintain an efficient use of food resources||4|
|Prepare, operate and clean specialist food preparation and cooking equipment||4|
|Promote new menu items||3|
|Complete kitchen documentation||3|
|Set up and close the kitchen||4|
|Employment rights & responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector||2|
For more information about studying for work based learning in , contact Jude Ingram on 01507 601122 and Wesley Everton on 01754 610197 or email us with your enquiry.