Qualification Ref: 500/9490/7
- The Course is available through electronic learning.
- The average course is 12-15 Months; however your own length of learning will be individually agreed.
- The maximum number of workplace visits will be one visit per calendar month.
- There will be an individually agreed programme of on and off the job learning.
To achieve learners must complete a minimum of 37 credits in total
- 11 credits from GROUP A – MANDATORY UNITS
- At least 3 credits from GROUP B – FRONT OF HOUSE RECEPTON OPTIONAL UNITS
- The remaining credits can be selected from GROUP B OR C
|UNIT TITLE||CREDIT VALUE||PLEASE TICK|
|GROUP A – MANDATORY UNITS|
|Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment||3|
|Work effectively as part of a hospitality team||3|
|Give customers a positive impression of self and your organisation (ICS)||5|
|GROUP B – FRONT OF HOUSE RECEPTION OPTIONAL UNITS|
|Deal with communications as part of the reception function||3|
|Deal with arrival of customers||4|
|Deal with bookings||4|
|Prepare customer accounts and deal with departures||4|
|Provide tourism information services to customers||5|
|GROUP C OPTIONAL UNITS|
|Produce documents in a business environment (cfA)||4|
|Use office equipment (cfA)||3|
|Communication in a business environment (cfA)||3|
|Handle mail and book external services||3|
|Provide reception services (cfA)||3|
|Store and retrieve information (cfA)||3|
|Resolve customer service problems (ICS)||6|
|Promote additional services or product to customers (ICS)
Deal with customers across a language divide (ICS)
|Deal with customers across a language divide (ICS)||8|
|Maintain customer service through effective handover (ICS)||4|
|Maintain a deal with payments||4|
|Employment rights & responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector||2|
For more information about studying for work based learning in , contact Jude Ingram on 01507 601122 and Wesley Everton on 01754 610197 or email us with your enquiry.