Qualification Ref: 500/9544/4
- The Course is available through electronic learning.
- The average course is 12-15 Months; however your own length of learning will be individually agreed.
- The maximum number of workplace visits will be one visit per calendar month.
- There will be an individually agreed programme of on and off the job learning.
To achieve learners must complete a minimum of 37 credits
- 15 credits from GROUP A – MANDATORY UNITS
- A minimum of 3 credits from GROUP B – FOOD SERVICE OPTIONAL UNITS
- A minimum of 3 credits from GROUP C – OPTIONAL UNITS
- The remaining 16 credits can come from either Section B,C or D
|UNIT TITLE||CREDIT VALUE||PLEASE TICK|
|GROUP A – MANDATORY UNITS|
|Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment||3|
|Work effectively as part of a hospitality team||3|
|Give customers a positive impression of self and your organisation (ICS)||5|
|Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food||4|
|GROUP B – FOOD SERVICE OPTIONAL UNITS|
|Provide a counter and takeaway service||3|
|Serve food at the table||4|
|Provide a silver service||6|
|Provide a buffet and carvery service||4|
|GROUP C – BEVERAGE SERVICE OPTIONAL UNITS|
|Serve alcoholic and soft drinks||5|
|Prepare and serve cocktails||5|
|Prepare and serve wines||5|
|Prepare and serve dispensed and instant hot drinks||3|
|Prepare and serve hot drinks using specialist equipment||4|
|GROUP D OPTIONAL UNITS|
|Prepare and clear areas for counter and takeaway service||3|
|Prepare and clear areas for table service||4|
|Prepare and clear the bar areas||4|
|Maintain cellars and kegs||3|
|Clean drinks dispense lines||3|
|Receive, store and issue drinks stock||3|
|Resolve customer service problems (ICS)||6|
|Promote additional services or products to customers (ICS)||6|
|Deal with customers across a language divide (ICS)||8|
|Maintain customer service through effective handover (ICS)||4|
|Maintain and deal with payments||4|
|Employment rights & responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism||2|
For more information about studying for work based learning in , contact Jude Ingram on 01507 601122 and Amanda Harrison-Bartley on 01754 610197 or email us with your enquiry.