Qualification Ref: 600/0854/4
- The Course is available through electronic learning.
- The length of this course is approximately 9 months; however your own length of learning will be individually agreed.
- The maximum number of workplace visits will be one visit per calendar month.
- There will be an individually agreed programme of on and off the job learning.
To achieve learners must complete 26 credits in total
- 7 credits from GROUP A – MANDATORY UNITS
- At least 6 credits from GROUP B – OPTIONAL UNITS
- At least 1 credit from GROUP C – OPTIONAL UNITS
- The Remaining credits can be selected from GROUP B or C
|LEVEL||UNIT||UNIT TITLE||GLH||CREDIT VALUE||PLEASE TICK|
|GROUP A – MANDATORY UNITS|
|1||Unit 151||Safe, hygienic and secure working environments in hospitality||16||2|
|1||Unit 152||Effective teamwork||19||2|
|1||Unit 155||Principles of maintaining, handling and cleaning knives||11||2|
|2||Unit 252||Food safety in catering||9||1|
|GROUP B – OPTIONAL UNITS|
|2||Unit 267||Preparation, cooking and finishing of fish dishes||26||3|
|2||Unit 268||Preparation, cooking and finishing of meat dishes||26||3|
|2||Unit 269||Preparation, cooking and finishing of poultry dishes||26||3|
|2||Unit 270||Preparation, cooking and finishing of vegetable dishes||26||3|
|GROUP C – OPTIONAL UNITS|
|2||Unit 243||Principles of preparing, cooking and finishing of basic hot sauces||9||2|
|2||Unit 244||Principles of preparing, cooking and finishing of basic soups||9||2|
|2||Unit 245||Principles of making basic stock||7||1|
|2||Unit 292||Principles of customer service in Hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism||10||1|
For more information about studying for work based learning in , contact Jude Ingram on 01507 601122 and Wesley Everton on 01754 610197 or email us with your enquiry.