Qualification Ref: 600/0853/2
- The Course is available through electronic learning.
- The average course is 9 months; however your own length of learning will be individually agreed.
- The maximum number of workplace visits will be one visit per calendar month.
- There will be an individually agreed programme of on and off the job learning
To achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Kitchen Services), you must complete 13 credits in total;
- 5 credits must be selected from mandatory group A
- A maximum of 2 credits from optional group B
- The remaining credits must be selected from group C
|LEVEL||UNIT||UNIT TITLE||GLH||CREDIT VALUE|
|MANDATORY – Group A|
|1||Unit 151||Safe, Hygienic and secure working environments in hospitality||16||2|
|1||Unit 152||Effective teamwork||19||2|
|2||Unit 252||Food Safety in catering||9||1|
|OPTIONAL – Group B|
|2||Unit 153||Principles of preparing and cooking fish||11||2|
|2||Unit 154||Principles of preparing and cooking meat and poultry||9||1|
|2||Unit 156||Principles of providing a counter and takeaway service||6||1|
|2||Unit 236||Principles of maintaining an effective use of resources in the kitchen||11||2|
|OPTIONAL – Group C|
|2||Unit 273||Principles of completing kitchen documents||7||1|
|2||Unit 274||Principles of setting up and closing the kitchen||7||1|
|2||Unit 233||Principles of producing basic hot and cold desserts||9||2|
|2||Unit 234||Principles of producing cold starters and salads2||9||1|
|2||Unit 266||Prepare, cook and finish food||35||4|
|2||Unit 292||Principles of customer service In hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism||10||1|
For more information about studying for work based learning in , contact Jude Ingram on 01507 601122 and Wesley Everton on 01754 610197 or email us with your enquiry.