Qualification Ref: 600/0849/0
- The Course is available through electronic learning.
- The average course is 9 months; however your own length of learning will be individually agreed.
- The maximum number of workplace visits will be one visit per calendar month.
- There will be an individually agreed programme of on and off the job learning
To achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Housekeeping), you must complete 13 credits in total;
- 7 credits must be selected from mandatory group A
- 6 credits must be selected from optional group B
|LEVEL||UNIT||UNIT TITLE||GLH||CREDIT VALUE|
|MANDATORY – Group A|
|1||Unit 151||Safe, Hygienic and secure working environments in hospitality||16||2|
|1||Unit 152||Effective teamwork||19||2|
|2||Unit 262||Cleaning and servicing hospitality areas||16||2|
|OPTIONAL – Group B Food Service Units|
|1||Unit 158||Principles of cleaning windows from inside||6||1|
|2||Unit 261||Chemicals and Equipment used for cleaning in the hospitality industry||15||2|
|2||Unit 263||Maintain housekeeping supplies||10||1|
|2||Unit 289||Principles of cleaning and protecting floors, carpets and soft furnishings||10||2|
|1||Unit 157||Principles of collecting linen and making beds||8||1|
|2||Unit 264||Provide a linen service||10||1|
|2||Unit 290||Principles of carrying out periodic room service and deep cleaning||15||2|
|2||Unit 253||Giving customers a positive impression||18||2|
|2||Unit 287||Principles of maintaining customer service through effective handover||15||2|
|2||Unit 292||Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism||10||1|
For more information about studying for work based learning in , contact Jude Ingram on 01507 601122 and Wesley Everton on 01754 610197 or email us with your enquiry.