Qualification Ref: 600/0839/8
- The Course is available through electronic learning.
- The average course is 9 months; however your own length of learning will be individually agreed.
- The maximum number of workplace visits will be one visit per calendar month.
- There will be an individually agreed programme of on and off the job learning
To achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Front of House Reception), you must complete 14 credits in total;
- 7 credits must be selected from mandatory group A
- At least 1 credit must be selected from optional group B
- The remaining credits must be selected from Optional group B or C
|UNIT||UNIT TITLE||GLH||CREDIT VALUE|
|MANDATORY – Group A|
|1||Unit 151||Safe, Hygienic and secure working environments in hospitality||16||2|
|1||Unit 152||Effective teamwork||19||2|
|2||Unit 253||Giving customers a positive impression||18||2|
|2||Unit 292||Principles of customer service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism||10||1|
|OPTIONAL – Group B|
|2||Unit 254||Reception communication procedures in the hospitality industry||6||1|
|2||Unit 255||Arrival of customers||7||1|
|2||Unit 271||Deal with bookings||10||1|
|2||Unit 256||Departure of customers||7||1|
|OPTIONAL – Group C|
|2||Unit 272||Handle mail and book external services||10||1|
|2||Unit 260||Dealing with payments||9||1|
|2||Unit 288||Principles of promoting additional services or products to customers||10||2|
|2||Unit 275||Principles of storing and retrieving information||10||2|
|2||Unit 287||Principles of maintaining customer service through effective handover||15||2|
|2||Unit 291||Principles of resolving customer service problems||10||2|
For more information about studying for work based learning in , contact Jude Ingram on 01507 601122 and Wesley Everton on 01754 610197 or email us with your enquiry.